Here are the Top 10 Renewable Energy News Stories You May Have Missed this Week:
1. Human Monorail System Receives Google Dollars - After scouring the world for two years in search of the most innovative, creative and forward thinking transportation company, Google announced human powered monorail system developer Shweeb as the recipient of its Project 10100 award.
2. The 2010 Global Cleantech 100 Report: California is the Star, But China May Be the Big Winner - The Cleantech Group has published its 2010 Global Cleantech 100 Report, which among other analysis, assesses the leading cleantech regions of the world. Although the data shows the United States continues to lead in alternative energy innovation, the balance of power is shifting.
3. Macy’s Solar Installation Claims Title as Biggest Single Rooftop Solar Power System - On October 13, word leaked out that Macy’s fulfillment center in Goodyear, Arizona was getting a solar power system – one that company representatives described as “the biggest single-rooftop system in the United States.
4. USGBC Sued Over LEED Program - The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has been sued over its highly popular LEED building rating system. The owner of Gifford Fuel Savings, Henry Gifford, has sued the USGBC for US$100 million claiming that the organization has committed fraud, unfair competition, deceptive trade practices, and false advertising.
5. The Color Purple: Wind Turbine Color May Impact Wildlife Deaths - A new study, conducted by Chloe Long, Dr. James A. Flint and Dr. Paul A. Lepper, suggests the color of the turbines may actually impact wildlife death.
6. Politics Stand in the Way of a Plan to Power the World Purely on Clean Energy - In a study to be outlined in the November issue of Scientific American, Stanford University Professor Mark Z. Jacobson and University of California-Davis researcher Mark Delucchi layout numbers and a scheme to power the world on 100% clean and renewable energy.
7. EBOOM CAPITAL: Clipper WindPower Agrees to United Technologies Buyout - Clipper WindPower PLC, one of the companies competing to develop the world's first 10-megawatt wind turbine, announced Monday it had agreed to a buyout offer from United Technologies Corp.
8. Greenscape Preparing to Open the World's Greenest Parking Lot in Denver - Greenscape Capital Group, Inc. is set to open the world's greenest parking lot in Denver, Colorado next month. This facility is stacked with sustainable and renewable energy features.
9. EBOOM CAPITAL: E•B Biofuel Leading the Market in Q4 2010 - The EnergyBoom Biofuel Subindex (E•B Biofuel) has increased 4.53 percent in the period October 1 through October 19, outperforming the green ETFs and broad markets regularly covered by EnergyBoom.
10. The Renewable Energy Leaders Forum: Martin Ritchie, Tenedos Energy - This week, the Renewable Energy Leaders Forum features Martin Ritchie, an executive from Tenedos Energy, an emerging solar business immersed within Ontario's growing renewable energy sector.
Any opinion contained in this article is solely that of the writers, and does not necessarily shape or reflect the editorial opinions of Energy Boom. Energy Boom content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be advice regarding the investment merits of, or a recommendation regarding the purchase or sale of, any security identified on, or linked through, this site.